Green Building Indoor Air Quality IAQ Monitors, Meters for LEED IAQ, WELL IAQ, ARC IAQ & other Testing
Indoor air quality measurement and monitoring in Green Buildings is driven by two, sometimes competing issues; 1) minimizing energy costs and 2) maximizing the health and productivity of the building occupants. GrayWolf meters are well-suited for portable IAQ testing, long-term IAQ trend logging and continuous IAQ monitoring in buildings.
Buildings consume approximately 40% of the total energy used in developed countries, with roughly half of that spent on heating, cooling and distributing air. This is a very ripe target for the “green” efforts toward cutting greenhouse gas emissions and the concurrent financial motivation of reducing energy costs. However, easily the highest expense in buildings is occupant compensation and even a very small reduction in their productivity can easily offset energy savings if air quality is reduced in an effort to cut energy use. The wellness of the occupants extends to short and long-term health factors. There are also facility-specific factors such as optimizing conditions conducive to learning in schools and universities, or testing for specific potential contaminants in white collar office areas that result from industry processes in adjoining manufacturing or service facilities.
A number of industry organizations have formed to address the energy reduction and occupant wellness issues for buildings. USGBC LEED, IWBI WELL, ARC Skoru and GBI Green Globes are among them. Long-established groups such as ASHRAE have specialized committees related to building and green building issues (e.g. ASHRAE Standard 62 and Standard 189). Some countries or local government agencies have incorporated some of these industry guidelines and standards into regulations or building code. And some governments have developed their own standards (e.g. Singapore BCA’s “Green Mark”). GrayWolf has long worked with, and often has extensive experience with these groups.
With over 30 parameters to choose from, GrayWolf offers measurement kits with the parameters necessary for certain specific Green Building applications; in many cases satisfying the specific measurement technology requirements, in other cases highly useful as a real-time screening tool ahead of collecting and sending samples out for lab testing. Many of the Green Building requirements are available to view on-board GrayWolf instruments, in-situ. Remote access has many pre-defined parameter limits included to view with gauges and graphs. And GrayWolf’s optional Advanced Report Generation software include limits, text and formatting all useful for reporting to meet various industry and government air measurement requirements.
Continuous Monitoring of Multiple IAQ Parameters
Portable Spot-Testing up to 8 Parameters (in 1 Probe)
Short-Term Trend Logging up to 32 Parameters
Choose Your Platform
GrayWolf’s rugged, purpose-built AdvancedSense® BE/Pro meters are feature rich. Up to 32 simultaneous parameters connecting our reliable, multi-sensor DirectSense® probe(s), in addition to other internal and external sensors. Connect probes via cable or Bluetooth Classic.
GrayWolf supplied MS Windows Tablets are provided with relevant accessories. Or use WolfSense® LAP software to enable your own WIN 7/8/10/11 Laptop/PC. Multi-probe connection via cable and/or Bluetooth wireless. Feature rich as per the AdvancedSense Pro.
Bluetooth connection direct to iOS and Android smartphones and tablets (GrayWolf supplied or use your own). Audio/photo/video/IR/text notes, advanced data-logging, on-screen graphing, sensor tips and many other features.
GrayWolfLive® secure cloud platform for remote real-time access, data-logging, and alerts. Connect straight from WiFi enabled DirectSense II probes or via various GrayWolf meters, tablets, or smartphones. View data as text, tables, gauges, and/or graphs.
- Simultaneous measurement of up to eight (8) key IAQ indicators with one probe; VOCs, CO2 (dilution ventilation), CO, O3, NO2, %RH, °C/°F plus an additional toxic gas sensor (from a broad choice of specific gases)
- Optional particle concentration (PM 1.0, PM 2.5, PM 10, TSP plus 2 other size ranges)
- With an added probe, concurrently measure up to six additional gases
- Up to 4 GrayWolf probes, plus a particulate sensor and formaldehyde monitor, may be connected simultaneously to some platforms
- Optional air velocity probes
- Optional internal differential pressure sensor (to determine pollutant pathways) and/or barometric pressure sensor
- Data Logging
- Manual “snapshot” or automatic “trend” datalogging
- Store enhanced survey information on-site; data plus text, audio notes, photos, videos, drawings and more…
- Back-lit color display
- Clearly displays numerous readings simultaneously; auto-scrolls
for >8 parameters
- Automatically updates as probes are plugged in
- View data in tabular or graphic formats
- Clearly displays numerous readings simultaneously; auto-scrolls
- Intelligent user interface
- Extremely easy-to-use
- Intuitive icons and drop-down menus
- Screen prompts user through operation
- On-board educational tools
- Feature tips, video help files
- IAQ info for each sensor: government & industry guidelines, health effects, typical background levels and more
- IAQ reference documents pre-loaded as PDFs
- Add your own procedures, docs and Word field forms for on-site use
- Download logged data and notes to WolfSense® PC software (included) for analysis and efficient, detailed reporting
- Optional “Advanced Report Generator: IAQ Edition” software automates comprehensive IAQ report generation
- Optional GrayWolfLive™ allows remote access to data and notes via WiFi
- Probe belt clip keeps sensors away from the influence of operators’ breath
- Instrument/Mobile PC pouch for true hands-free operation
- Hard-shell security case for protected trend logging and for transport
- Optional user calibration kits, application specific software modules and much more…
Easily portable, even hands-free, with multiple probes
PCC-36P Hard Shell Case securely exposes DSII-8 probe (up to 8 IAQ sensors) and internal Particle Meter for unattended, long-term trending. Optional external bracket for interfaced, IAQ range Formaldehyde meter.
Download “USGBC LEED®
v4 EQc4 – Air Quality Assessment”
“Download “Pre-Screening for ASHRAE’s Standard 189.1: Post-Construction, Preoccupancy Baseline IAQ Monitoring”
Download “Utilizing GrayWolf for The WELL Building Standard v2”
Download “BREEAM Hea 02 Indoor Air Quality Assessment”